About GPS Vehicle Navigation in Australia
Why this book?
- Australian examples, information and focus.
- Explains how GPS works in theory and in practice.
- Covers conventional techniques (map reading, datums, scales, compasses etc) as well as GPS technology
- Extensive information on computer/PDA/GPS integration, including moving-maps
- Comprehensive references; FAQ, index and glossary
- Advice on selecting equipment and accessories
"Use Pepper's book for all your vehicle and GPS navigation needs whether that's just for basic navigation, a more advanced route and waypoint use with a GPS, or for moving maps with a GPS connected to a PDA or a laptop." -- Ron Moon
GPS Vehicle Navigation in Australia is written for anyone that needs to navigate in Australia.
Whether you own a GPS receiver, or have had one for a while, you'll find something of use and interest in the book. As well as explaining the basic and advanced concepts, it is also designed as a reference and contains a comprehensive glossary, index and FAQ.
The book covers GPS theory, map reading basics, UTM, lat/long as well as computer/PDA/GPS integration, and is written for an Australian audience from a practical, what-you-really-need-to-know perspective.